Thursday, April 16, 2009

Leftovers

I own a lot of stuff. The other day, when I scavenged my bedroom for anything that I owned in 2001, a very small amount of stuff turned up. I’ve moved at least four times since that year (and my parents have moved twice), so maybe it shouldn’t be so surprising. There must be more at my parents new house, but the following is all that remains in my current possession:





Photo album, containing pictures from 1998 / middle school
Sony Discman
The “What is your gender aptitude?” test from summer camp
Felt, a zine I contributed to at summer camp
My Nikon SLR, given to me that year by my aunt
My old wire-frame glasses
Parcel green cassette tape wallet
A jewelry box
Brown knit scarf
Langston Hughes short stories
Photograph dated December 8th, 2001

Of all these things, the only one with a constant presence in my life is the scarf- anyone who knows me might recognize that I wear it almost every day in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment